FROG LAKE BOX
Any questions, please email us at HubbardFamilyLetterboxers
- Rt. 17
- At traffic light turn left from the north or right from the south onto Hartwood Drive.
- (In 2.1 miles you will see an entrance to Curtis Lake Park, this is NOT the entrance you want).
- Travel another 0.6 miles (total of 2.7) and turn right onto Stony Hill Road.
- Go 1.6 miles and turn right into the parking lot at Curtis Lake Park.
- Drive to the back of the parking lot and park near the metal gate.
- The trail starts behind the gate.
- Follow the trail along and you will end up on top of a dam.
- Walk all the way across the dam.
- Just as the trail starts to enter the woods, turn left walk along the edge of the woods for 15 steps.
- Turn to your right and look into the woods. You are looking for a tree with a fork that starts about 6 feet off the ground.
- With you back to the tree, look at compass heading 230° SSW (or to your left) and you should see a fallen tree 40 steps away.
- Once you arrive at the fallen tree (you will be at the root end), walk along the right side of it until you come to a tree that has a slight bend in it as it comes out of the ground.
- You will find the Lake Frog Box buried in leaves under the fallen tree at the level of this curved tree.
Return to our homepage: Hubbard Family Letterboxing Home Page